Calvary is a church which strives to be a Biblical Pentecostal witness…
We live in an age of apostasy and deception. So many are being seduced by the so called ‘Word of Faith’ and ‘Health and Wealth’ messages that are peddled by some televangelists. We’ve also seen many false revivals and a serious abuse of the gifts of the Holy Spirit in recent years. At Calvary we believe it’s time to raise the standard of God’s Word; it’s time to restore the old paths. As a church we desire to be a safe haven for those who have been hurt and spiritually abused. Yet we’re not so presumptuous or arrogant as to think we are the only ones who have ‘not bowed the knee!’ nor are we claiming we get it right all the time, far from it. We just want to see Him, Jesus Christ, high and lifted up. We preach Christ and Him Crucified, the whole counsel of God’s Word.
Statement of Faith
- The Bible, consisting of the books of the Old and New Testaments but excluding the apocrypha, is the inspired Word of God and is the infallible, all sufficient authority for faith and practice.
- There is one True and Living God who is the eternally self existent “I AM” and who has also revealed Himself to be One being in Three Persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the perfect deity and humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth and bodily resurrection.
- The Biblical account of creation.
- Man, who was created in God’s image without sin and given dominion over creation, fell by voluntary transgression as a result of which all men are born with a sinful nature.
- Salvation is through faith alone in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who was born sinless of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was shown approved of God by His miraculous ministry, died once for our sins according to the Scriptures, was buried, raised from the dead in bodily form on the third day and triumphantly ascended to heaven. Through His blood we have redemption.
- The New Birth is an instantaneous operation of the Holy Spirit upon repentance toward God and the exercise of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Baptism by immersion in water is enjoined upon all who have repented, believed with all their hearts and confessed that Jesus Christ is Saviour and Lord.
- In the person of the Holy Spirit, His work of regeneration, baptism following the new birth, empowering, indwelling, and sanctification of the believer.
- In The Holy Spirit’s enabling gifts (with fruit confirming) to the members of the Church individually as He chooses.
- In the true Christian Church, which is comprised exclusively of all who by virtue of repentance from sin and faith in Christ are born again of God’s Holy Spirit and have become part of Christ’s body. The identity of the Body of Christ on earth is primarily perceived through the local church.
- We strongly confess the local church to be sovereign and autonomous. At the same time we reject sectarianism and divisiveness as great evils.
- In the pre-millennial personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ and the prophetic purposes of God for Israel and the Jews.
- That the Breaking of Bread is enjoined on all believers until the Lord comes and is a representation only of his atoning body and blood.
- In the final judgement of the living and the dead by Christ.
- In the everlasting conscious punishment of the wicked and unrepentant.
- In the everlasting conscious bliss of the redeemed.